Thursday, August 4, 2011

Bob & Linda's Vacation - Part II - Liberty, MO


Part II of Bob's and my vacation was to Liberty, MO to visit his older daughter Jenny. Jenny has a doctorate in botany and she teaches at William-Jewell College. Bob and I arrived on Sunday just in time to go out for dinner. We met several of Jenny's faculty members for dinner. Jenny now lives in a house that is located on the Margaret Lafite Thompson Nature Sanctuary. Living in the nature sanctuary is a great place for a person who loves plants and critters. The first night we visited Jenny, she took us on a walk at 9 p.m. on one of the trails. She had a flashlight that didn't do much. I ran into a cobweb that got on my face, hair and clothes. We heard lots of sounds that I really didn't want to know what they were or how close to me they were. I'm not much of a naturist! Give me a good book and a pool to sit by and I'm a happy camper! On Monday, Bob, Jenny and I went out to breakfast and ran a few errands. Then, we decided to stay in her house for the remainder of the day since it was just too hot to be outside. We read, napped and did things on the laptop computers. Jenny has no TV. Bob also fixed a toilet paper dispenser that had come off the wall. Jenny made us a wonderful Indian dinner. I did want to walk on the trails of the nature sanctuary while we were there, so we got up very early on Tuesday to walk before it got too hot. Jenny gave us the names of all the plants and trees we saw on our walk, but I don't remember many of them. After breakfast and when we all got cleaned up, we drove into Kansas City. Jenny took us to The City Market -- http://www.thecitymarket.org/ We looked through some of the shops, bought coffee beans, nuts and some yummy flat bread at the farmer's market. We went to a bookstore, then to lunch at an Indian restaurant. After lunch, we picked up her friend Jason and decided to go some place cool -- a movie. We went to see "Cowboys & Aliens". I told Bob that I'd give it a one star. Not my kind of movie, but Jason, Jenny and Bob liked it. Afterwards, we went for some good Kansas City BBQ. For those of you who watch Guy Fieri on Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives, then you would appreciate the place where we had dinner. Oklahoma Joe's BBQ was located in a gas station! The place was packed, but we found a place to sit to eat our dinner. The line to get the food was continuously long the whole time we were there. Very popular place and excellent food! Way too much of it, however! Bob and I drove back to Dallas on Wednesday the 3rd of August. Here is the link to the photos we took in KC -- share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8EbMmLJq3aKQaw

No comments:

Post a Comment