Thursday, March 28, 2013

Continuing my Peyote Stitch Bracelet





Yesterday I was very frustrated because my beadwork project did not look like it was supposed to look.  I am trying to make the bracelet on the left in this photo and follow the pattern above.  I looked at tutorials for the peyote even-count stitches on You Tube and I even wrote an email to the author of the book I'm using.  She did respond right away and told me to send her a photo of my work.  She also sent me tutorials.  My piece I'd made looked exactly like the piece I made the day before, even after watching the tutorials. 

Today I have decided to KIND OF follow the pattern, but I am not counting the rows or trying to decide which bead I need to put my needle in with the right color of bead to make it look like the pattern.  I have decided to sit and enjoy making this peyote stitch bracelet and not be concerned if it looks like the pattern.

I plan to eventually find someone who can teach me the correct way to follow the pattern.  But for now, I'm at peace and enjoying my new found hobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment