Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Learning Bead Weaving







I decided to teach myself how to do some bead weaving.  Over five years ago, a friend taught me the peyote stitch and I made some beads, which I have never used in a piece of jewelry.  I have been making jewelry, mostly straight stringing, since around 2005 and now I want to take this hobby to the next level.  I bought a beginners book on bead weaving.  As you can see by the colored tabs, I have read the book and now I am ready to start a bead weaving project.  I've already tried making this flat peyote even count bracelet twice, but the beads don't line up the way they are supposed to do.  I don't find this BEGINNER PROJECT very beginner-ish!  I am going to try it a few more times, so maybe I will eventually get the hang of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment