Sunday, October 3, 2010

I don't need a class!




















Yesterday my friend Mary Kulpon and I went to the TX Bead Fest at the convention center in Arlington. I love to go to these bead shows when I can, as I always see new beads and use of beads and even use of household items for jewelry. I made a few bead purchases that I will use in new jewelry in the future. These bead shows always have several workshops you can attend if you want to pay an exorbitant amount of money! Since I have not worked a full-time job in the past three years, I don't want to spend over $100 on a jewelry making workshop, although I love the jewelry made in these workshops. At this bead show, there was a glass case that had some of the finished pieces of jewelry from the workshops. As I was waiting for Mary to finish her bead shopping, I looked at these unique pieces of jewelry. I loved the Wild Woman bangles by Deborah Mauser. The workshop was offered for $135. Today I decided to try making one of the Wild Woman bangles, only I made a cuff instead. Above is a photo of the bangles from the workshop and my finished Wild Woman cuff. I don't need an expensive bead class to make unique jewelry!

No comments:

Post a Comment