Sunday, November 7, 2010

Home for the Holidays in Salado

I participated in my first craft show over the weekend. Bob and I have friends, Jody & Juanita, who live in Salado, TX and Juanita has taken over what used to be the Holiday House in Temple. This is her second year to have the Home for the Holidays (renamed from Holiday House) at her home in the country. She asked me to participate and sell my jewelry. I drove to Salado on Thursday and set up my table with the jewelry I have from NeeNee & CheeChee's Beaded Things. People started arriving at 4 p.m. on Thursday to shop. It was open on Friday from 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. and on Sat. from 9 a.m. - noon. There were 15 crafters with gourd art, wood art, soaps and lotions, stained glass, jar mixes, candles, scrubs, wreaths, dolls, crosses and much more. Juanita said that the traffic that came through and the sales were down from previous years, probably due to the economy more than anything else, but I enjoyed participating and making new friends. I probably broke even after I had to buy a table, black cloth and some Styrofoam blocks, gas to get there and back and money for some food, but it was fun and I'm looking forward to doing it again next year. If you are interested in seeing any of the photos I took, here is the link: share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8EbMmLJq3aKMf4

No comments:

Post a Comment