Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Arcadian Beauty Necklace



I am always looking for old jewelry that I can convert into pieces of my own. I visit the thrift shops and Goodwill stores regularly to look at the jewelry to see if I can make it into a beautiful piece to sell or keep. I love looking in antique stores for old jewelry to take apart. When we went to Florida earlier this month, Bob and I met our friends Ross and Pat in Arcadia for a day of shopping at the antique stores and for lunch. There are many wonderful antique stores there. I found an old, yellowed pearl necklace that had a nice clasp on it that I bought for $8.00. When I got home, I discovered that the "pearls" were white plastic beads covered in paint. I cleaned up the clasp and threw away the beads from that necklace. I decided to use the clasp from that old necklace as a pendant on my own creation. I added some freshwater pearls, Czech glass fire polished faceted beads and a silver toggle clasp. Much better, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment