Wednesday, March 17, 2010

From the Goodwill Store to Brand New























Today my beads have been calling me. I had several ideas in my head that I wanted to get made into new pieces of jewelry. I should be cooking soup for the Lenten soup supper at the church tonight, cleaning the apartment, exercising or doing something more useful, but I ignored what I SHOULD be doing and decided to do what I WANTED to do. I wrote earlier about buying some jewelry at the Goodwill Stores last Saturday and I wanted to make some new jewelry with the components. I used the pendant from one of the necklaces and made a necklace that I named Miss O'Flarity. When my sister and I were little, we used to dress up in Grandma's clothes, put the kitchen chairs together in a straight line, put our dolls on the chairs and we took our "train" to many unknown parts of the world. Our grandpa called us "Miss O'Flarity" and Miss "McGillicutty". For some reason this necklace looked "old" and reminded me of my Grandma Purdue and of the times when my sister and I were Miss O'Flarity and Miss McGillicutty.

The other necklace I named "Feathers & Stone". I bought this much-too-expensive long, oval Jasper bead from an online source just because I liked it. I had no idea what I wanted to make with it, but I wanted my necklace to be very special and unusual. This necklace really doesn't look anything like what I first had in mind, but I like the outcome much better than my original idea. And I certainly like the gold charms better on my necklace than on the gaudy, old, gold one!

No comments:

Post a Comment