Saturday, March 13, 2010

I was inspired by the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue!



















Don, Bob's friend at work, told Bob that he had seen a TV program about the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue and how the magazine uses jewelry from small business owners for their swimsuit models and photos. Don knows that I make jewelry. I bought the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue and brought it home to look at the jewelry on the models. Bob told me that I am a "Good Wife", bringing him a girlie magazine! I am sure that he was NOT looking at the jewelry, however! I DID look at the jewelry on the models and I found a lot I liked. There was one beaded necklace that I fell in love with. I found a website with the necklace on it and it was priced at just under $10,000!!! I am definitely out of this league! I won't be making any jewelry for the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue any time soon. I saw another beaded necklace I liked on one of the models and when I looked at the website, I didn't find that particular necklace, but I did see a beaded bracelet that I liked. I decided to try to copy it. In the description, it listed the materials used. Last night after we went out to dinner, I asked Bob to take me to Michael's Crafts so I could buy the materials so I could make this bracelet. I started right in on making it when I got home and I was up way past my bedtime, but I am pleased with the results. I bought the hemp, but I already had the beads that I used to make this bracelet. I used 27 DIFFERENT kinds of beads. I was going to list them, but I will spare you. The bracelet took me nearly three hours to make and I won't be selling any of them on my Etsy website. If you MUST have one of these bracelets, contact me and we can discuss it. I won't be making any of them for FREE!

No comments:

Post a Comment