Sunday, January 30, 2011

Linda's Trip to Florida -- Part 2

This is my dad -- Rollin Smith. He is a very funny man and I love him very much! Daddy had a heart attack on Dec. 26th and he had some complications after he had three stents put in. He was home on the 28th, but back in the hospital on Jan. 4th. He was there through the 11th. Then, he went back in for 3 more stents on the 17th. He told me he needed his rest, so I couldn't stay with him and Susan. So, I visited them on Tuesday and Thursday last week. Cindy, Ken and I had planned to send him a cookie bouquet while he was in the hospital, but to make a very long story short, he never received them (and my credit card didn't get billed!). I think the bakery in Sebring where I ordered them decided to go out of business the day I called them with my order! On the way to visit Daddy, I stopped at the local Publix grocery store and bought a plastic container, a kitchen towel, cookies, a James Patterson mystery book and a card. I made and delivered my own "cookie bouquet (box)"! Daddy loved it!


After I left Gainesville on Sunday the 23rd, I started my 904-mile trip through FL to visit friends and family. I drove on Sunday to Sarasota to have lunch with Nance, Diana and Jo, whom I worked with at Aqua Utilities for five years. It was great to see them and get caught up!

Then, I drove to Tampa for dinner with Zach. It was a quick dinner and chat, but I am glad I got to see him. I wanted to get to Parrish, where I was staying with my friend Pat and her husband Ross, before dark.

I stayed with Pat & Ross through Thursday. They have a lovely home in Parrish, north of Bradenton. Pat and I both love to shop, so we drove to the Brandon Mall on Monday.

On Wednesday, I drove to Sarasota and met some of my former St. Paul Lutheran Church Red Hat ladies for lunch. Rosalie was celebrating her 91st birthday! Such FUN chatting with wonderful friends!

Of course, while I was near my most favorite bead shop, F.O.B. Beads, I had to go buy some beads!

And, my ex-husband's cousin, Marty, and her husband were vacationing/camping near Bradenton the same week that I was there. They live in Alabama. Since we hadn't seen each other since the late 80's, we just HAD to make an effort to get together! We sure did a lot of talking in the short time we were together! Thank goodness for emails and Skype!

If you want to see more photos, you can access my Shutterfly album at this link -- share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8EbMmLJq3aKMuw

No comments:

Post a Comment