Saturday, January 1, 2011

Sister FUN!

My sister Cindy came to Dallas to visit us and we had a most wonderful time! But, too short, as always. I hadn't had my beads out since the end of October due to our move to a new apartment, working my temp job the whole month of November, the holidays, entertaining and various other things going on in our lives. But, when Cindy arrived, out came the beads! She inspires me and I'm full of ideas! I wish she lived closer to me so we can bounce ideas off of each other. It is easier to do when she is only across the table as opposed to her living in the Chicago area and me in Dallas. In the short 3 1/2-day time Cindy was here, we created a new line to our jewelry and named it Dizzy Discards. We are making jewelry in this line with components that have been recycled, such as bottle glass beads from Ghana, pendants made from organic materials or using items that we are recycling, such as paper, fabric, old jewelry we find at thrift stores, etc. We have a new logo and business cards for our new line of jewelry. I found a store in West Village where I live that might sell our jewelry on consignment! More about that later. In between our beading and creating, Cindy and I had two marathon shopping days! We were up at 6 a.m. and out the door by 9:30 a.m., and back home about 5 p.m. We went to bead stores (of course!), the mall, thrift shops, and many other stores and just basic errands (post office, cleaners, etc.). I also took her to some of my favorite restaurants for lunch. We went to the Oasis Cafe and Adelmo's. They are extreme opposites of each other, the Oasis Cafe being a hole-in-the-wall cafe with a lunch counter and a few booths, but excellent food and Adelmo's, which is a very upscale, expensive Italian restaurant. My very favorite of all! Bob and I took Cindy to the airport yesterday after lunch at a Latin bakery, Zaguan, and a bead store in Carrollton. Now, it is back to using Skype to show each other our new creations. We both are already looking forward to our next time together!

No comments:

Post a Comment