Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter & Corbin's Birthday

Bob and I had a wonderful weekend in Tulsa for Easter and Corbin's 34th birthday. We drove up on Friday and checked into the Hampton Inn hotel for the weekend. We had some dinner, then we went to Joy Lutheran Church for the Good Friday service. We had to get up early on Saturday to get to Caty's soccer game at 8 a.m. She did really well and scored a goal! The only goal that her team received. Then, we went to Carson's soccer game. The five-year-olds don't have goalies and they don't keep score. But, her team won, hands down! Bob and his brother Nick was to drive to Claremore to play golf, so I took Bob to Nick's house in Broken Arrow. I then drove to Redeemer Covenant Church for the egg hunt. I missed the hunt, but I did get a nice photo of the kids with their filled Easter baskets! Then, I met my friend Rhonda for lunch at P.F. Chang's at Utica Square. While I waited for her to arrive, I found some bargains at 40% off at the Ann Taylor store! Rhonda and I enjoyed getting caught up on each others lives. We do write emails now and then, but we had a good time looking at some photos and spending the time talking to each other. Her daughter Jaime had gotten married and I saw the pics she brought. After lunch, I went to a couple of bead stores in Tulsa. I then drove up to Nick & Sandra's. Thank goodness for the GPS in our new car! I usually have to drive on the city streets and to get from the northwestern part of Tulsa to the southeastern part of Broken Arrow, which only took me 20 minutes via the expressways. It would have taken me at least an hour on the city streets. The new expressways around the city have been built since Bob and I left Tulsa in 1996 and I'm not used to driving on them. Sandra and I had a little time to go to another bead store. I taught Sandra how to do the bead work, so she also enjoys looking at and thinking up projects for the beads. After I picked up Bob, we had just enough time to get cleaned up before meeting Corbin and his family at Joe's Crab Shack for his 34th birthday dinner. We all had a wonderful time and the kids enjoyed doing the Hokey-Pokey dance with their dad and watching him sprinkle "fairy dust" on everyone in the restaurant while we all sang "Happy Birthday" to Corbin!! The kids had a good time feeding the ducks on the pond too. We all had to get to bed early as Sunday morning came really fast. Bob and I met Corbin and his family at their church for the Easter service. After a yummy brunch with all of Christy's family at Corbin & Christy's beautiful home, Bob and I drove back home. What a wonderful and busy weekend with loved ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment