Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Gallery of Hope 2010

My sister Cindy is a terrific artist! She has wonderful talent of capturing portraits. She first made some portraits of her granddaughters and now she is making portraits for friends and family. I asked her to do a watercolor painting for me. In November of this year, there will be a National Learning Congress for families of organ donors and recipients in Grapevine, TX. I plan to go. And I hope that DeWayne & Michael, who are the recipients of Cavan's organs, will come to Dallas to go with me. There is to be a Gallery of Hope 2010 at the Learning Congress with original artwork done by family members of the donors and recipients. Since Cindy is a family member, she qualified to enter the contest. If I painted the same picture as this one, all of us would have looked exactly the same. I sent Cindy the photo that was taken of DeWayne, Michael and me in January when I met them for the first time in Florida. I told her that I wanted Cavan in the painting too. I think I have THE BEST SISTER IN THE WHOLE WORLD!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment