Monday, August 2, 2010

Eat, Pray, Love


For those of you who have seen the book, "Eat, Pray, Love", but have not read it or maybe you have heard about the movie with Julia Roberts starring in it and you aren't sure if you want to see it or not, I thought I'd give you my opinion. I just finished reading the book and I loved it! I have friends who have read the book and liked it and others who didn't like it at all. One friend told me she thought the author was "whiny" and "self-indulgent". Yes, Elizabeth Gilbert the author, IS "whiny" and "self-indulgent", but she is writing about HER experiences with bad relationships, HER discovery of God and HER travels. I'd probably sound whiny, self-indulgent or self-centered too if I wrote a book about myself! I'm not sure that Julia Roberts fits the part of Elizabeth Gilbert and I will reserve that opinion until after I see her in the movie, which I plan to see when it comes out. I found out that the Whole Foods store on Park Lane is giving away FREE screening passes on Thursday, so I plan to go get mine. Anyway, if you want a good book, I think this one was terrific!

No comments:

Post a Comment