Tuesday, March 29, 2011

ID Tags for NeeNee & CheeChee's Beaded Things Jewelry





















This is a photo of my newest necklace I made that has our new ID tag on it. The tag has "N&C" on it for NeeNee & CheeChee's Beaded Things. It would have cost me more than I wanted to pay to have "NeeNee & CheeChee's Beaded Things" made on the stamp, so I shorted it to "N&C". I had never thought of signing our pieces of jewelry, such as an artist signs his artwork. I was talking to DeWayne, who is the recipient of Cavan's left kidney and liver and he told me that I needed to sign my jewelry. He is always interested in what I am doing with my jewelry. I told him there was no way to sign them and he said to use tags. Shortly after our conversation, I saw an ad in one of my beading magazines for these ID tags and the stamp. The stamp and tags cost a lot more than I was willing to pay, but Cindy said she would pay half of the costs, so I decided to order the stamp and tags. Then, I had to buy a steel bench block. Of course, there is a special hammer I should be using, but the hammer I already have is just fine. One thing always leads to another! I bought the brass tags, as they were the least expensive ones. This company offers sterling silver tags and also copper ones, but I won't be buying any of those, as they are definitely out of my budget! So, on my jewelry that has the gold plated beads, spacers and clasps on them, I will now add our new ID tag. If I run across some silver plated tags, I will buy and use them too. By the way, this necklace is made with a black lava pendant and lava beads. It is for sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment