Thursday, March 3, 2011

My First Check from Walleska!





















Today I received my first check from the Walleska store in West Village for my jewelry that I have on consignment there. I am very excited! Cindy and I (a.k.a. NeeNee & CheeChee's Beaded Things) took several pieces of our jewelry that we made to the Walleska store the middle of January. I took four pieces of jewelry to start and I have taken another fifteen pieces of jewelry for them to sell. Walleska sells clothes, purses and jewelry made from recycling. Cindy has been making jewelry from old watches and watch parts. I have been making jewelry with rusty, smashed bottle caps that I pick up from a parking lot in Deep Ellum. Who would have known in April 2004 when I first started making jewelry just for fun that I would be making jewelry from rusty, smashed bottle caps and selling them in an upscale store in West Village, Dallas, TX? Not me, but it sure is fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment