Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Linda's Hot Air Balloon Ride - Oct. 1991

I'm back to scanning photos to put into my Shutterfly albums. I just scanned the ones of my hot air balloon ride, so I thought I'd write about it and share my photos. This was the most exciting thing I have ever done! There is a group in Tulsa called the Down Syndrome at Tulsa (DSAT) and a friend of mine, Gary, is the president of the group. The DSAT had this hot air balloon event to raise money for the group and in October 1991, Apache Corp., where I used to work, helped sponsor this event. Gary got me a FREE ride on one of the hot air balloons! All I had to do was show up at 6 a.m. to help get the hot air balloon ready. Of course, all I did was watch and take photos. The pilot asked one of his college fraternity brothers to go on the ride also and Art, lived across the street from me. The three of us went up in the balloon and we were in the air for over two hours! We landed in a sticker bush and had to wait to be pulled out by the pilot's crew. Being first time passengers in a hot air balloon, Art and I also had to take the initiation. Here are the photos from my ride.
share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8EbMmLJq3aKNqw

No comments:

Post a Comment