Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Redo of Aquamarine Necklace

I want to thank all of my friends who commented on what I need to do to help sell some jewelry from my website. Five friends said that I need to photograph my jewelry on a neck and against a color that I would actually wear the item with. A couple friends suggested that I use sterling silver components and findings in my jewelry. My budget doesn't allow me to use sterling silver with ALL of my jewelry, but I think I will try it on some of my more expensive pieces. I am going to start with my aquamarine necklace. I just ordered a sterling silver clasp and sterling silver daisy spacers and round spacers. I have already spent nearly $20 to make this necklace. The sterling silver pieces I ordered is another $30. So before I even add any time that it will take to remake this piece, plus the time it took to go get the beads, time on the websites ordering the beads and gas for the car, this is going to be an expensive necklace! I will remake this piece, photograph it differently and then I plan to start a new line of jewelry for my more expensive pieces. I need a name for my new line. Any suggestions? And I will need a name for this new necklace too.

Thanks for all of your help! I will keep you posted on the progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment