Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day 2011 at the Harwood 609 Jazz Club

A few weeks ago when I was walking in downtown Dallas, I walked past the Harwood 609 Jazz Club. Two men were outside chatting and they asked me if I had had lunch yet. I told them that I was on my way to meet some friends elsewhere. They motioned towards a menu board and told me the Monday through Friday lunches were $5. I looked at the menu board advertising lunch that day -- turkey, mashed potatoes, salad, dessert, etc. It sounded yummy! One of the men asked if I would like to see the inside of the club and I had a few minutes to spare, so I went inside. The jazz club is very beautiful with a large dance floor and a huge grand piano in the front. One of the men handed me a card advertising the Harwood 609 Jazz Club and I decided then and there that I MUST try it as soon as I could! The jazz club has brunches on Sunday, so I decided to get a group from church to go after a Sunday service. Seven of us from Emanuel Lutheran Church went to the Harwood 609 Jazz Club today for the Mother's Day Brunch. There was a lot of food to pick from and it was all very tasty. And the jazz from the guitar and piano player was TERRIFIC! Another outing with members from the Emanuel Lutheran Church is planned for Sunday, May 29th. I can't wait! As Bob and I were walking out of the restaurant, I told Bob thank you for a nice Mother's Day brunch! He told me that he would send my son Corbin the bill!! I only had my cell phone camera to take some photos and they were taken with shaky hands, but if you would like to see the photos, here is my Shutterfly album link -- http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8EbMmLJq3aKO3w

No comments:

Post a Comment