Monday, May 2, 2011

Bob & Linda's Parasailing Adventure - Aug. 2001















This is a photo of me with my friend Michelle. I met Michelle when she was 13 years old. She, her mom and her brother lived in the apartment building across the sidewalk from where Cavan and I lived in Tulsa in 1993. Whenever I went to get my mail, Michelle and her friend would be there waiting to talk to me. Michelle and I became very good friends, although there were a lot of years between us. She was like the daughter I never had. We shopped, went to movies and just hung out together. Michelle is now married with three children (and another one due in October) and they live in Minnesota. Thank goodness for email and blogs, we keep in touch with each other.

Michelle came to visit Bob and me when we lived in Sarasota in July 2001. Bob and I wouldn't let her pay for anything when she was there, so for a thank you gift, she gave us a parasailing trip! Besides my hot air balloon ride, this was one of the most exciting things I have ever done in my life! Bob and I took our trip from Anna Maria Island in August 2001. If you would like to see our photos, here is my Shutterfly link -- share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8EbMmLJq3aKOig

No comments:

Post a Comment