Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A Few Coins Short of a Roll

I hope that no one says that I'm a few coins short of a roll. But, today I did have a few coins short of a roll. Whenever I pay for something, I use my dollars and I save all of my coins. Don't ask me why I do this. I've been doing it for many years. I had a bag full of coins, so today I decided to roll them up and exchange the coins for dollar bills. I emptied out my bag of coins onto the dining room table and then I began to put them into the paper rolls. I remembered that Bob keeps coins in a dish on his nightstand -- mostly pennies -- so I decided to roll them too. And I have a ceramic cup that I use for my "found" money. These are coins I find on the street. My LUCKY coins. I was saving them to buy my winning lottery ticket, but today I decided to roll them up with all of the other coins and exchange them for dollars. I was 5 nickels and 2 dimes short of $28, so I took two quarters across the street to the grocery store and got the change I needed to complete my $28. On the way back home, I ran into a lady from our church, who was crossing the plaza in front of our apartment building. Marilyn was on her way to the library. I asked her to come up to see our apartment, so she came up and we had a very nice conversation while I was rolling up my coins into the paper holders. After she left, I took my rolled up coins to the bank and received my $28 in paper money. Now, I'm trying to decide what to do with my $28. I think I should do something special, don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment