Saturday, July 4, 2009

Fireworks!!

Bob and I just finished watching fireworks from our living room windows. We could see 12 displays from the different suburbs of Dallas on the horizon. But, Fair Park, which is less than 3 miles from our apartment, had the best display. Bob set up the digital camera on a tripod and took some photos and videos. Most of the photos he took will have to be discarded, but there were a few good ones. I'd much rather watch fireworks up close and personal with them, but being in our COOL apartment and not having to deal with crowds of people and traffic does have its advantages. When my boys were little, we used to go to Riverside Park in Tulsa and the fireworks would open right over our heads. I took a photo class when I lived in Tulsa and the instructor took us to one of the bridges that spans the Arkansas River in Tulsa and told us that would be a good spot to get nice photos of the fireworks. The photos were pretty good, but the next year I took my camera and tripod to Riverside Park and I got some terrific photos! And I could smell them, feel the debris and hear the loud booms. I still think that's the way to watch fireworks!

1 comment:

  1. I saw firewords behing my eyelids. Crashed on couch again. Had a great night Friday night and just tired out from that. Danced all night with my new black dress. Fun, fun, fun.
    Have a good day. Love you

    ReplyDelete