Saturday, July 11, 2009

I might have a GREEN THUMB afterall!!

My Northern Pine is 6 months old and it's still alive! I bought it last December to use as a display for some of my necklaces and bracelets when I had my kick-off party for my NeeNee & CheeChee's Beaded Things website (www.neeneeandcheechee.com). Most of my plants die, so I just resigned myself to ever having indoor plants. I figured that this Northern Pine would eventually die too. After my party last December, I put the plant on top of my dining room hutch and it started growing new shoots at the top. So, I decided to plant it in my pottery shard pot. I decorated this pot with the pottery shards about 10 years ago. Annie C. lived in our garage apartment when we lived here in Dallas on the "M" Streets. Annie called the apartment her treehouse. Annie is a potter and she does some beautiful work! Check out her website at www.earthtoannie.com Every once in awhile Annie would "clean house" and get rid of her pottery that didn't live up to her high standards. One day we came home from work and she was tossing some of her pottery from her apartment balcony and it crashed into many pieces on our driveway. Of course, I loved ALL of Annie's pottery and I hated to see any of her pieces get broken. She collected the broken pieces in a big bucket and one day I decided to use the pieces and I made this plant pot. I'm very proud that I have this beautiful plant pot to hold my LIVING Northern Pine!

No comments:

Post a Comment