Thursday, February 18, 2010

Giving up High Fructose Corn Syrup


I am a "sugaraholic"! I admit it. But, I have decided to try to give up at least the High Fructose Corn Syrup. My husband so thoughtfully emailed me this article he read on the Huffington Post -- http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-mercola/sugar-may-be-bad-but-this_b_463655.html?ref=email_share and now I feel I must try to give up eating everything with the High Fructose Corn Syrup in it. Since I enjoy baking, I usually have my own cookies in the freezer and I don't buy store-bought cookies very often. But, this High Fructose Corn Syrup is in nearly EVERYTHING! It will be hard to avoid it! I decided to look at some of the packaging of cans, boxes and bottles in my refrigerator and pantry. This High Fructose Corn Syrup is in the salad dressing I like, the crackers I like to eat with my soup, and in the only boxed cereal I like (I prefer oatmeal and thank goodness, that High Fructose Corn Syrup is NOT in my oatmeal!). And the High Fructose Corn Syrup is NOT in my chocolate!! YEA! Well, maybe I can do this since I can still eat my chocolate!

No comments:

Post a Comment