Monday, February 8, 2010

Homemade Beads!!

Today, I made my first Polymer Clay Beads!! What FUN! Thanks to my brother and his wife, who gave me an Amazon.com gift card for Christmas AND my birthday. I ordered the polymer clay and a book on how to make polymer clay beads and I made my first beads today. They are so easy! I decided to try the easiest ones first. I took the orange clay and white clay and mixed them together. You can buy all of the fancy tools for rolling the clay thin and for piercing the holes, but I used my rolling pin to roll out the clay and my cake tester for piercing. I used the toaster oven to bake them and Voila!! New beads! I started stringing them to make a necklace and I ran out of the clay beads, so I went into the kitchen and made more of them. How easy is that? Here is my first polymer clay beaded necklace. I can't wait to make more!

No comments:

Post a Comment