Monday, August 10, 2009

Friends!

Friends! This word is very much in my vocabulary. Any of my friends will tell you this. I work very hard at keeping in touch with my friends. I have even kept in touch with several grade school friends. And not long ago I located a friend of mine I knew BEFORE grade school. I hadn't kept in contact with her or even seen her in over 50 years! But, I did find her and she and her family live just a couple miles away from Bob's daughter and her husband in KS. Keeping in touch with friends is hard work, but I enjoy every minute of it. I email friends and family every day and I write letters and send letters via USPS mail to those friends who have no email. I spend many hours on the computer writing letters to my friends. And I call my friends regularly. I don't mind at all. I value my friendships very much. I can't put it into words how much my friends mean to me. I love every one of you! I have many, wonderful friends that I plan to keep in touch with for many years to come.

This photo is from a photo contest called "Friends" that I entered in 1989. I invited some neighborhood seven year-olds to my house for a tea party so I could photograph them. I went to a Goodwill store and bought dresses, shoes, hats, purses and jewelry so they could play dress-up for their tea party. Then, I took photos. I didn't win the contest, but it was fun. I hope all of these little girls stayed friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment