Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Time To Let Go

This is a photo of Bob's desk and chair. They occupy space at the top of the stairs, on the landing. Bob rescued the chair from the trash at the church where we used to belong when we lived in Dallas in 1996 - 2001. I think he got the chair sometime in 2000. It was very ratty looking THEN and was definitely ready for the trash. But, for some reason, Bob likes this chair, although, as you can see, the arms are tearing. It also has a roller that is off and it is making black marks on the stained cement floor. I asked him the other day if he could please get rid of this chair and buy a new one to go into our new apartment when we move in a couple of weeks. He said "maybe". I think he could use a new desk too, but I'm not going to push that, as this desk belonged to his father when his dad worked in Miami, OK. Everyone has something old and maybe not in too good of shape that they want to hold onto. I even have a desk chair that I rescued from a dumpster in Sarasota. But, mine is in much better condition than this one. But I DO think it's time to let go of this chair and buy a new one.

No comments:

Post a Comment