Saturday, January 9, 2010

Florida Trip - Day 1



Here we are in not-so-sunny Florida. We left Dallas yesterday a.m. at 5:30 a.m. when it was 26 degrees and arrived to cloudy, drizzly 40 degree weather in Tampa. We decided to reserve a Super Shuttle to the airport so we wouldn't have to pay for 10 days of parking at the Dallas Love Field airport. The driver picked us up, then headed DOWNTOWN! Bob asked him if he needed to pick up someone else and he said he did. We didn't leave much time to spare before we caught our 7:10 a.m. flight and we had no idea how long it would take us to get through security at Love Field. After the driver picked up the second passenger, he proceeded to sit and write out our receipts ever so S-L-O-W-L-Y! I was panicking! Then, the driver proceeded to get on the expressway. NOT the way to go to Love Field! Bob told him to go Lemmon Avenue, so the driver turned around. Well, we made it through security just fine and we even had time to get some breakfast at McDonald's. After we landed in Tampa, we picked up our rental car and headed to where Zach works at the sound studio. We went to the Tampa Bay Brewing Company in Y'bor City for lunch. Bob and I then checked into our hotel. Zach recommended a small hotel in the Hyde Park area near his house. There were a couple of ladies who had arrived right before us that the proprietor was helping. Then, the proprietor left! We stood there wondering what had happened. We went to the office and found no one. Then, we rang a buzzer outside on the door. The proprietor told us to just go to #201 and put in a code on the key box and we'd be able to enter our room. They sure do things differently in Tampa! We do have a simple, but clean room. We have one of those Tempurpedic beds. I've always wanted to try one and now I think I'd like to own one. Very nice! I found a slip of paper in my small bag that I had checked. It said that my bag was inspected. I don't know if they left the cap off of one of my hair products or if it wasn't screwed on tightly before we left. Luckily, I had it in a Ziplock bag as it exploded! YUK! We took Zach & Katie (Zach's girlfriend) to dinner last night at a wonderful Indian restaurant called "Taj". Very yummy! First day down and nine to go. Vacation sure does go fast!!

No comments:

Post a Comment