Sunday, January 31, 2010

Barbie Doll

When I was ten years old, I got a Barbie doll for Christmas. Barbie was a huge hit among girls my age and she still continues to be a big hit with little girls. My granddaughters have several Barbie dolls. I only owned the one, as did most girls my age. I played with my Barbie doll for several years, until I was well into my teens. I loved dolls and I still do. I collect them now. My Barbie doll was the second edition Barbie and little did I know way back then that she would become a collector's item and worth a lot of money. I even have the original box she came in! I don't play with my Barbie doll any longer, but she does reside in my doll cabinet along with her partner, Ken. However, I did find a resin Barbie bead from my favorite resin artist, Susan Nestor -- www.susanknestor.com Here is the necklace I made with my Barbie bead and yes, I can't wait to wear it (even though I am no longer ten years old)!

1 comment: