Sunday, January 10, 2010

Florida Trip - Day 3


Today was a very special, wonderful day! After breakfast with Zach at IHOP in Tampa (and that was special too), Bob and I drove to Gainesville. We checked into the hotel and then Michael, DeWayne and his mom and sister arrived. These are the recipients of Cavan's kidneys and liver. Michael lives in Gainesville and DeWayne lives in Jacksonville. I had talked to Michael and DeWayne on the phone many times in the past few months and we have written letters and emails, but this was the first time we had met. I had to confess to them that last night I had a couple of minutes of doubt that maybe I wasn't ready to meet them. But, the feeling didn't last long and I am so glad I did get this chance to meet them. They are wonderful men who definitely deserve to have Cavan's organs. We had lunch together and chatted through the afternoon. DeWayne, his mom and sister left to go back to Jacksonville around 4:30. After a little resting up, Bob and I met Michael for dinner at Carrabba's. I think now that today was a healing experience for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment