Saturday, October 10, 2009

In Grandma's Button Box

I am calling this necklace In Grandma's Button Box. When my grandma Smith died, there were only two items of hers that I wanted -- her cookbook and her button box. Grandma used to keep buttons that she removed from clothing that family members no longer could wear, in this tin box. There are still pieces of material sewn onto many of the buttons. When my sister and I were little and we would stay at Grandma & Grandpa's house, Cindy and I would sew doll clothes and Grandma would let us use her buttons. I use the buttons for a lot of my craft and sewing projects. Yesterday I was going through the buttons for my Polly Got in the Paints Again necklace. I started thinking about how I could use more of the buttons on another necklace and I came up with this one. Even though they are my grandma's buttons, I will put this necklace on my Etsy website for sale -- www.neeneeandcheechee.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment