Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Good Idea, Bad Idea?

Have you ever woken up in the middle of the night thinking about a GREAT idea for a project? I was looking at some of my beading magazines last night before I went to bed. They always inspire me. I woke up at 3:30 a.m. with this really terrific idea for some necklaces. I was going to use silver wire and make just outlines of different things -- a tee shirt, a girl's head, horse head, etc. -- and add one Swarovski Crystal on each one as an accent, then put them on a black leather cord for a simple necklace. My head was swirling with ideas! I wanted to get right out of bed and start making my silver wire outlines. But, I stayed in bed. Then, I started thinking about what I was going to call these necklaces -- Linda's Loopy Designs, Linda's Coloring Book Designs, Linda's Outlines. I imagined myself walking into the Neiman Marcus jewelry department, wearing one of my outline necklaces and the sales ladies going gaga over it! I heard Bob's alarm clock go off at 6 a.m., so I got up shortly afterwards and went right in to my "beading studio", a.k.a. our dining room table, and I made this silver wire outline of a tee shirt. I was going to secure it to a black leather cord, but then I decided to scrap the whole idea. Maybe it is too simple? I doubt that Neiman Marcus or anyone else would buy it. On to the next Big Idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment