Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Walk On Turtle Creek Boulevard































I have been trying to get outside to walk every day now that the Dallas weather is so nice. I would rather walk outside than stay inside and walk on the treadmill in our fitness room. I will have to use the treadmill none too soon when it gets too hot to walk outdoors. I try to vary my walk each day. Since we moved to our new apartment, we haven't walked on Turtle Creek Boulevard yet, so I decided today I would take my walk there. My friend Dennett and I used to walk on Turtle Creek in the late 90's. I was a bit uncomfortable walking there today, however, as I didn't see many other people. I saw squirrels, birds and a homeless man lying in the middle of the sidewalk talking to himself. It is a beautiful area and I plan to take more walks there, but I think I will wait for Bob to walk with me next time. I will keep my daytime walks to the West Village area where I feel comfortable and safe for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment