Thursday, September 24, 2009

Cooking vs Beading

I have a wonderful cookbook collection that I started around 1970. I do love to cook, but lately I haven't found much time for it since I've been beading. Also, I have a hard time finding much to cook that both Bob and I like to eat. We eat at the opposite ends of the spectrum. He likes a lot of meat and I like little meat. He doesn't like any fruit which limits a lot of things I want to try. And he won't eat any veggies raw or cold. So, he isn't much fun to cook for. Also, we are trying not to eat items with fat, salt, etc. And we do a lot of eating out too since Dallas has the best restaurants ever! Therefore, I spend little time cooking any more. Yesterday I had lunch with a friend at Bread Winners and I had an open-faced chicken, artichoke & spinach melt on sun-dried tomato and basil bread. It was extremely filling and by the time dinnertime came, I didn't want to eat, much less cook anything. I asked Bob if he wanted me to cook him a burger or pork chop and he said he'd take care of it himself. He ate some leftover chicken tortilla soup for his dinner. I continued on a beading project. Later in the evening, I was looking at a new bead and wire book I had just purchased earlier in the day. I said, "I think I'll make this." Bob asked me what I was going to make and I showed him the photo of a necklace from my new book. He said, "I was hoping you were looking at a cookbook!" I think I'd better open up one of my cookbooks and pick out something wonderful to make for dinner tonight and spend less time with the beads today.

No comments:

Post a Comment