Thursday, September 3, 2009

A Surprise Purchase!

On Monday, I worked for Lone Star and when Bob and I pulled into our parking space in our garage at the apartment, a lady I had met on the elevator a few months ago, also pulled into her parking space. She had commented on my homemade jewelry in the past and I had given her one of my business cards. She saw this necklace in the photo that I was wearing on Monday and she said that she MUST have it! I took it right off my neck and put it on Cynthia's. She came up to the apartment an hour later to pay me and to buy a few other beaded jewelry pieces. Last Friday I made this necklace shown here in the photo. I used eyelash yarn, scrapbooking flowers and clusters of Lucite flowers with beads on wire. I really liked my creation and I thought for a couple of days about how I was going to make it. I was inspired by a photo of a necklace in my new "1000 Jewelry Inspirations" book and a necklace I saw in a book on how to make jewelry from recycling soda pop bottles. My necklace looks NOTHING like either of the others, however. I wore this necklace to church on Sunday, even though I thought it might be a bit "different". Well, I received more compliments on it, even from the men, than I had on any other piece of jewelry I had ever made! Then, I wore it to work on Monday. I've been working at Lone Star Funds off and on this past year and no one there had ever complimented me on any of the other jewelry pieces I had worn, until I wore this necklace. I am going to go out on a limb and change direction of my future beaded jewelry pieces. I want to experiment more with using wire and also try some different media. Let me know your opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment