Thursday, September 10, 2009

Souvenir Penny Bracelet

I've always wanted Souvenir Pennies, but I didn't know where a person got them. Since I've been beading, I've seen photos of Souvenir Pennies on jewelry and this even made me want them more. On Saturday, we met Bob's daughters, a son-in-law, 3 grandsons, his sister and a great-nephew at the Oklahoma Aquarium in Tulsa. I have been there three times and it is a great place to visit. The kids loved it! It was kind of expensive, but worth the trip. Especially since I finally found my Souvenir Pennies! Bob's great-nephew, Austin, saw the machine first. I was walking near him and I went over to see why he was asking Suzanne for quarters to put into the machine. I got so excited to see the machine and the Souvenir Pennies. Bob says I love little pleasures. And this was one of them. I stood in line with all of the kids and I got four Souvenir Pennies so I could make a bracelet with them. They have an octopus, jellyfish, starfish and a shark on them. This is one way for me to remember my trip to the Oklahoma Aquarium. Now I'll be looking for those Souvenir Penny machines wherever we go!

1 comment: