Friday, June 12, 2009

Dinner with the Sappenfields - June 11, 2009

This is a photo of our good friends, Bill & Linda Sappenfield (and us). Pastor Sappenfield married Bob and me on Aug. 27, 1995, at Joy Lutheran Church, when we all lived in Tulsa, OK. Now, Bill & Linda live in Round Rock. They met us for dinner last night (Thurs.) The day started off, however, with just Bob and me driving to Wimberly -- about 25 min. from Gruene. There was an art glass gallery there I wanted to see. They had some beautiful, pricey lamps that I would have loved to have bought, but I settled on buying ONE glass lampwork bead instead. It was $700 vs $10. Then, Bob and I drove into Wimberly and we walked around the cute, little shops. I love doing this! Bob is OK with it. He's not the shopper that I am, but he enjoys being with me. Then, we decided to check out the Devil's Backbone Scenic Drive. I'll be posting my Shutterfly link to the photos we took. There were some breath-taking views that the photos don't even begin to do justice on. We stopped for lunch on the way back to our B&B. Then, we rested up for our dinner with our friends. It was a marvelous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment