Thursday, June 25, 2009

Springtime in Kansas City

Bob and I drove to Springfield, IL last August to help my mom clean out her house in anticipation of moving into an assisted living home. On our way back to Dallas, we drove to Kansas City to visit Bob's daughter, Jenny, and her husband, Stephen. Jenny knows I enjoy beads, so they took us to a bead shop/knit shop called Florilegium. Jenny likes to knit. I bought these green striped ceramic beads with the pink lampworked flowers on them. When I got home, I added these beads to my bead box -- one of the many I have -- and there they sat until a week ago when I finally decided to use them in this necklace. I had just purchased the pink beads at the Dallas Bead Show when I went in April. I was looking for something to make with the pink beads when I saw the green flowered ones in my box and I thought it would make a nice combination. I named my necklace "Springtime in Kansas City". I read an article that you need to name your jewelry pieces, so I have named all of my necklaces and a few other pieces on my website. I'm thinking about holding a contest for naming some pieces of my jewelry. It's hard enough trying to come up with a different design for each piece of jewelry, much less names too! If anyone knows any good names or words to use, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment