Friday, June 12, 2009

Gruene Mansion Inn B&B - Gruene, TX - June 10, 2009

Bob and I decided to go to a B&B for a couple of nights of our vacation. I had one picked out in Dennison, TX, but Bob said there was nothing to do in the town. So, I told him to pick one out. He knows I'm a sucker for Old Victorian homes with wrap-around porches, so here is a pic of Gruene Mansion Inn B&B where we stayed Wed. & Thurs. nights. We drove to Gruene on Wed. and it took us a little over 4 hours to get there. It's near Austin. After we checked into our room, called Harriet's Haus, we took a walk around the downtown area. We didn't stay in the mansion. The grounds had several buildings that had sleeping quarters and the one we were in was directly behind the mansion. The town has a lot of history, old buildings and homes built in the middle 1800's. Many of the homes have been converted into shops. The brochure we picked up on Gruene Hall said that it was featured in the movie "Michael" with John Travolta. We didn't go in it, but Bob heard the loud music each night we were there. No me. I was wearing my wax ear plugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment